Spout Lore (Knowledge)
Spouting lore means taking some time to examine or observe the thing and demonstrate your great intelligence. To spout lore regarding a device or magical artifact requires that you handle the thing experimentally, like tasting a potion, or pointing a wand.
1-14: you have no clue.
15-19: ask one question.
20+: ask three questions.
Questions about anything:
- Is it dangerous to me?
- What’s its name and history?
- Who is its previous or current owner?
- How does it work?
- What does it do?
- What’s it worth?
- Is it magical?
- What type of monster is it?
- How could I prevent it from attacking me?
- How effective is (particular plan or method of attack) likely to be?
Hold a Parlay (Communication)
To Hold a Parley you need to be in a position to spend some time talking and making your wishes known. Do this when you have an opportunity to interact with potentially hostile parties, monsters, or individuals.
1-14: you don't get much out of it
15-19: Hold 1, spend to ask.
20+: Hold 3, spend to ask.
- What’s your real name and identity?
- Is your character telling the truth?
- What’s your character really thinking?
- What does your character intend to do?
- What does your character wish to do?
- How could I get your character to do __________?